Friday, March 2, 2012

I Could Get Used to This







I was over the top excited by the arrival of our new bed a couple of weeks ago. The old, not so favourite bed for a number of reasons, found a wonderful new home and I was able to help out a friend in the process so even better! This new bed is a replica 19th century cast iron bed that we purchased online from Restoration Hardware. LOVE LOVE LOVE dealing with this company as they have the BEST customer service I've had the pleasure of experiencing.
So the bed has settled into it's new home and I'm loving it as a jumping off point for the rest of the master bedroom design. The night tables that I scored from Home Sense one weekend fit in nicely I think. Last night Claire and I ventured back to hunt for bedding. It's been a dogs-age since Adam and I purchased new bedding for ourselves and I really wanted to recreate the kind of bedding experience that you find in a good spa resort. I ended up with an all-white colour scheme with just a small accent in the throw blanket that will pick up on the new wall colour I am planning. New sheets, blanket, duvet cover, and quilt/shams were all layered onto the bed and the result was an amazing night's sleep!!



Now, my next dilemma is how to dress the night tables. I would like a lamp on each but I'm just not sure if I want to keep it rustic and go with a black lamp base or change it up and try a ceramic white globe base. I also contemplated using a glass base to add a little sparkle but am having second thoughts. I'd love ideas if anyone feels like sharing. I really shouldn't get so hung up on these decisions but it will be a LONG time before this room every gets done again so I want to make sure I get it right.

So....happy Friday to everyone! Adam is working on the downstairs bathroom this weekend and I am hoping that I'll have some pictures of the progress to share soon. Life has a way of getting very busy and we are finding it difficult to find the time to work on it. I'm still hoping we'll meet our deadline of having it finished by our wedding anniversary in April. Fingers crossed.........

No comments: