Monday, February 27, 2012

A goal achieved and a mini getaway.......

In January, shortly before I posted my "I feel like poooop" post, Adam and I set a goal to achieve a healthier lifestyle and (especially for me) lose a few pounds......well, 15 to be exact!




In a smart and strategic move we enlisted the help of the kids to motivate us along the way. We made the challenge that "if" we were able to lose 15 lbs each we would take everyone to Great Wolf Lodge for the weekend.




Well, we met our goal and surpassed it by another 5 lbs and this past weekend we made good on our promise and took the kids (plus a friend for Alec) to GWL




......our favourite mini getaway destination........





and while I have a ways to go before I see the finish line in this healthier lifestyle race....I was happy to pause for a moment, pat myself on the back, and enjoy my success.......now it's time to drink another glass of water......lace up those shoes for another power walk.......and GET MOVING!!

No comments: