Saturday, February 11, 2012

Have I Told You How Much



I love shopping at Home Sense? I headed out early this morning armed with my tape measure and my trusty sidekick who is always up for my crazy adventures.....and just happens to own a truck!

After our impulsive, late night decision to sell our bed and dresser we needed a replacement. We contemplated upholstered headboards but ended up settling on a 19th century replica iron bed. It is sooo pretty and comes from one of my favourite stores, Restoration Hardware. Even on sale the bed was quite a splurge and shipping something that heavy from the States not cheap. I really liked the night tables they also showed on their website. They were aged and distressed and looked so good with the iron of the bed. But alas, my conscience spoke when I realized they were $1000 EACH!!

Determined that I could find something that was similar at a fraction of the cost led me to Home Sense. I had to laugh when I saw how many woman were there, armed with tape measures just like me! My pulsed raced and adreneline was running high while I searched for what I wanted. The thing about Home Sense is that ALL the product is on the floor and it changes daily. There is no garuntee that if you go away and come back tomorrow that you will even see that item again. Even when you find what you are looking for you need to stand beside it and CLAIM IT before someone else does. Long story short, I found one of the night stands on one side of the store and then found the other one up by the front cash area. I crazily texted my friend who was browsing around elsewhere to come help me by standing beside one of the peices I wanted. I told her to defend it like she would her children!!

We were successful and now these two pretty nightstands that look very similar to the expensive ones I coveted are going to look oh so lovely beside our new bed. Now......if I could just decide on the bedding and accessories........back to Home Sense next weekend maybe?





I love the distressed look of the wood and the dimensions will be prefect in our room.


The proof is in the receipt! No $1000 price tag here!! Which makes this lady very happy!!

No comments: