Wednesday, March 18, 2009

So, What Was the Best Part of Your Day?

O.k., I've got the March Break blues real bad! Yesterday I loaded up snacks, pails and shovels and took the kids to the Park. I swung them, turned over more sand castles than I care to admit, and gave so many "bum boosts" on the difficult climber that I'm surprised they don't have "bum bruises!" After lunch we played "What Time is it Mr. Wolf," "Red Rover," and "Tag." We followed that up with bike riding around the neighbourhood that landed us at the local school playground for more games of "tag," sliding, climbing and their favourite game......mommy, the troll under the bridge". I also read Claire 2 entire chapter books (fairies), build more Spiderman puzzles than I can recollect and managed to whip up yummy snacks in between.
Soooo.......during dinner as we went around the table to share "the favourite part of our day" I was expecting BIG compliments about the awesome day with Mommy. The favourite part of their day? DADDY COMING HOME.............
I gave up................and took my aching feet to bed!
Hmmmm......how should we fill our day tomorrow?

No comments: