Friday, August 1, 2008

Whew......

The To-Do List is slowly creeping to completion (finally). The patio and new bathroom are great. The driveway has been repaved and the kids are having a blast using the sidewalk chalk and riding their bikes on the "smooth" pavement (compared to the boulders and potholes that constituted our driveway previously). The new fence and gate are going in this week and I'm looking forward to letting the kids outside to play again without the worry of anyone escaping! The last bit of work will be finishing the rough -in and putting in the new fixtures for the downstairs bath. I'm pretty content to let this one rest till the Fall. As busy as we've been though I'm already thinking about "next" summer and what projects we'll tackle. We desperately need a new garden shed and now that I'm an expert "patio builder" I'm thinking of tackling the front walkway. I have some leftover stones that are begging to be used!
Till then though I'm enjoying relaxing with the kids. It's a long weekend and we'll be joining the massice exodus from the city and the migration towards cottage country, bonfires, kayaking, and playing in the sand. Can't wait!!

No comments: