Monday, April 7, 2008

A Little Bit of Everything



I feel like my Mother! I've been obsessing about the arrival of Spring this year. When I was a little kid I never could figure out why the grownups talked about the weather so much when it was clearly a very boring topic (especially to a 7 year old). The funny thing is that I catch myself doing it all the time now.
Is it true that middle age is creeping around the corner and waiting to turn me into some "weather channel obsessed lunatic"? Maybe there is a support group I could join now in anticipation of the great event.
And is 36 really middle age? I'll save that discussion for another day.

Anyways, THE WEATHER IS GREAT...SUNNY AND WARM....AND I AM LOVIN' IT. If that makes me boring then sign me up! We enjoyed our weekend, puddling around the yard, raking some leaves and pumping bicycle tires for the kids. Evan was just too cute riding his bike that I just had to snap his picture!


For those who don't know, I operate a small home daycare (about 5 kids) from our home. The hours are long (10+ per day) but the payoff with being here to raise my kids is worth it. And face it, there are very few people who can afford to put 3 kids into daycare! I run a very structured program very similar to a preschool. Most of the time we have good days full of fun and learning....the kids are really great! But.....once in awhile we run into a less than positive day. Last Friday was one of those days. At one point I had everyone in "group timeout" which was a first for me. I had biters, screamers, jumpers and non-listeners. I truly thought I might not make it to 6pm. But I did.....and after a nice glass of wine and a good nights sleep (and a weekend) I was ready for this morning with new enthusiasum.
We made a Water Xylophone for our science component today. The kids had fun measuring the water, colouring it, and listening to the different tones the glasses produced. It was a big hit and we followed it up with a X is for Xylophone worksheet. Then it was outside for games and fresh air! So far, today is much better.......................

No comments: