Sunday, October 19, 2014

Fall.......A Catch Up Post!




 Fall is by far my favourite time of the year.  I love the way life seems to slow down in the Fall, the kids are settled into school and extra cirricular activities and we all settle into a predictable schedule.  I also think Fall is one of the lovliest times of the year to photograph nature and the kids.
We always look forward to our Thanksgiving Weekend we spend in Muskoka.  Being a "country gal" at heart I always look forward to a walk in the woods.  I have this strong urge to feel the crunch of the leaves, the beautiful colours of the leaves, and breathe in that musty air that reveals the end of the summer and coming hibernation. Unfortunately when I announce that it's time for the annual walk in the woods I'm not always met with joyful enthusiasm.  This year, Claire asked me what I was looking forward to for Thanksgiving.  My answer was quick and simple.......I wanted EVERYONE to take a walk in the woods with me.....WITHOUT MOANING, GROANING, COMPLAINING, OR WHINING!  Much to my amazement my request was granted. And even better?  Everyone had so much fun!  We hiked into Hardy Lake which is a small lake surrounded by government land in the small town of Torrance.  My mother actually hiked into the same lake on Thanksgiving Day as part of her family tradition ever since she was a young girl.  It was just so cool that I could carry on the tradition with my kids!  The kids had a great time claimbing rocks, navigating swampy parts and checking out the beautiful lake when we arrived. Willow joined us and was a happy....muddy....and wet dog by the end. :)  It was the perfect way to work up an appetite for dinner.
Enjoy the pictures............


Can you spot them at the top?




Willow quickly discovered that if you jump off a rock into the lake you had better know how to swim.....silly puppy!







At Chudleigh's Apple Farm!  Where Avery experienced her first hay slide, decided that ponies where "too big" to ride, had a close encounter with a baby goat, and had a blast on a tractor ride. More great family memories and it seemed like yesterday that Claire and Evan (heck, even Alec) were experiencing their "firsts" at the apple farm. 

My three littlest ones! 

Avery thought it was hilarious to steal Daddy's hat

First  tractor ride!

Sampling the apples is always the best part!




Pumpkin patch fun!  Today we headed over to the local pumpkin patch to find some contenders for carving this Halloween. We weren't disappointed and although I told the kids we'd just get one this year somehow we ended up with 3 pumpkins, a handful of gourds, a squash and 4 pecan butter tarts. How did that happen?

Claire and Avery having some sisterly love!

The colours were so beautiful and the nippy weather made it the perfect Fall day


Avery thought it was more fun to be pulled around than walk......she's not spoiled......much!



Avery was quite interested in this old tractor




No comments: