Tuesday, April 8, 2014

What I've Been Up To....

Well, so much for blogging more.  So far, 2014 has not been off to a great start but I will try harder!!  My time lately seems to be at a premium and I often find myself torn between what I "want" to be doing and what "needs" to be done.  With 6 people, a lively daycare program and a puppy who still has not comprehended the idea of "NO" all living in a rather smallish house there is no shortage of cleaning, laundry, meals and child tending to do.  In my spare time I've been working on 2 separate projects.  The first is a freelance article that I'm writing (and hoping to sell) to several parenting magazines.  I'm using it more as a way to regain my confidence writing again.  I've been out of the loop for quite some time but lately have been feeling that a new direction is on the horizon for me.  But I'll save that all for another post. :)
My second project this month is several corporate orders of cookies that I was hired to create.  I love learning and honing my creative skills and while I'm still very much an amateur I can see how much I've also improved since beginning last Fall. I love the challenge of taking something as simple as a cookie and turning it into a little piece of art!  The kids are always looking to see if any creations don't pass my strict quality control standards...lol.
So these are my excuses for being absent and I do issue a formal apology to the small handful of people who check up on me through my blog. 
Here are a couple pics of my latest cookie creations.  This weekend I'll be making special sugar cookie creations for Evan's Easter class party.  Bunny faces, carrots and Easter eggs......so cute!

Claire had a good friend move into the neighbourhood over the weekend so we made them some "welcome" cupcake cookies.....






These hot air balloons were for a corporate party to say "thank you" to their volunteers that "rise above" the rest! I searched everywhere for a cloud cookie cutter but had to settle with using an Easter egg shape to make the clouds.  I will have to keep my eyes out for one......collecting cookie cutters is a bit addictive. :)

No comments: