Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

THE GOOD

I entered a contest a few weeks ago when (for want of a better word) was bored. Yes, it's not only the kids that get the dreaded "B" word. And it is possible to be busy with kids, chores, homework, chaffeur duty etc., and STILL feel bored. But I digress............. Anyways, the local paper had a contest for Valentines Day. They listed 1 line lyrics from 12 different love songs. The object was to come up with the names of the songs. At first glance I knew a BIG ZERO of the song titles; but not discouraged.....and this is where my hours spent on Goggle are really paying off.....I was able to track down all the songs titles......AND we won the GRAND PRIZE!!! O.K. before everyone gets too excited, it's a small town so the GRAND PRIZE ain't too grand. But we did receive a very impressive balloon bouquet that barely fit through the front door (kids loved this one), dinner for 2 at a very nice Italien restaurant, a gift certificate for a store I've been dying to check out, and a spa manicure and pedicure that Claire has shown some interest in wanting. Now onto the BAD......







THE BAD

Our plans for this weekend were for lots of family fun up north at my parents. We had planned ice skating on the lake, another attempt at cross-country skiing, possible tubing, cookie baking, tobogganing. Basically all things "winter". The weather was going to be perfect, which should've been my first indication that something would go wrong. Thursday night Evan was a bit quiet during dinner but being the end of the week I put it down to too many late nights watching American Idol! As he exited from the table (spaghetti dinner...need I say more) he turned several shades of green and .......the rest is history. By 10 pm Evan and Claire were tag teaming with throwing up.....keeping Adam and I on our toes to say the least. Adam had to work in the morning, and I made the executive decision to close the daycare down for Friday (only the 2nd time in 4 years). I stayed up with the little ones all night, finally falling into bed at 4:30 a.m. only to wake up at 7 a.m. with the flu. Somehow we made it through the day until Adam returned from work and took over for me. After a 13 hour "sleep of the dead" I was ready to roll again......unfortunately Alec, who had been boasting about "his immunity" was the next to fall. He's still recouperating and so far Adam has remained standing.....hopefully that is where the BAD ends. That leads me to the UGLY....................

THE UGLY

I'll let the photo speak for itself....................



No comments: