Monday, December 15, 2008

Small things make a big difference

.
.
This year instead of having a gift exchange between myself and the families of my daycare children I suggested a toy drive to benefit the local children in our community. The idea was that for every toy they donated to the drive I would match it with another. Despite being a "little" daycare we have accomplished a donation of 20 new toys to be distributed to the Children's Aid Society. WOW!! It is truly amazing to see what can be accomplished when everyone contributes just a little bit. The kids have been so excited to watch the box "grow" and fill with toys. What a great lesson in the true meaning of the holiday season.

Now, I'm off to finish baking another 5 dozen gingerbread cookies. We distribute them (along with shortbread) to our neighbours and friends. This year I'm also responsible for supplying treats for Claire's class party......so I'm off to bake............

No comments: